Thursday 2 February 2012

Driving

I told Henning I did not like the way I was driving the golf ball. i got my old distance back but I did not like the swing. I thought it was all arms strength. I hit a few drives. He asked me to do my maximum shoulder turn. All it was was nearly 90deg. He turned my shoulders more until my sweatshirt really stretched and I was really feeling the pull. This is a shoulder turn. I thought what... I was afraid to hit it with such a shoulder turn... being afraid of not hitting the ball at all. I hit two balls with my maximum turn and they just took off over driving range fence and rising. Henning also put mud on ball to see where I hit the ball.
First this promotes a more inside swing just like kicking a football on the right outside with anticlockwise spin and one has to approach the shot on the inside... like Ronaldo doing a freekick.
Second like the rubber band slowly extenting and then letting it go. I was a bit quick going up...slow it down just a bit with maximum shoulder turn.
Third.... have to ask henning next time... forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment