Wednesday 9 May 2012

Follow through and athletic base

I told Henning that the follow through helps my complete swing. He analysed it and said it was too much over my head.
 The follow through should be more behind
Furthermore my right foot was not completely off the ground. Greg interestingly noted it was as if I am trying to hold back.
My right foot should be basically on the tiptoe at the end of the follow through and my weight should should be on the outside of my left  foot
Then we worked on balance. Henning noted that apart from lifting my  right hip, my weight on my feet was too much on the balls of my feet and I opened my left foot. It shows that I am pivoting on the ball of my left foot, instead of playing against a strong left side. This also explains why I was falling to the side or the front.
I should try to grip the ground with the whole sole of my feet giving the feeling of an athletic base. a five million dollar house on a cheap base is not what we want.
We also talked about balance and using the balancing board to improve it

No comments:

Post a Comment