Wednesday 2 May 2012

Swing Plane

Hit a few balls. Hit them mostly thin. Henning took a video and we noticed the following;
My posture improved. I do not have an arched lower back although my shoulders could be a bit more back and my chest out.
I made my old mistake of straightening my right leg on takeaway and bending it on the down swing...this can lead to many inconsistant shots.
Furthermore my take away was very much to the outside...so we got working on my swing plane.
Henning took a ruler and showed me ideal swing plane. Taking the ruler with both hands backwards and then the follow through.One can do it with a towel, club or stick. The toe of the club can look vertical to the sky but it can be too much to the outside or inside.
The swing plane is defined by the shaft angle to the ground.
In the video my takeaway was too much to the outside and on the top of the back swing it was about 20 to 30 degrees to steep. Henning held a ruler on the camera parallel to the shaft and showed the ideal swing plane should be the extension of the line of the ruler.
The three things to work on
Shoulders back and chest out
Ruler exercise
Keep legs as pivot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment