Wednesday 7 March 2012

Pitching Chipping and PUTTING

Asked Hennning to have a look at my chipping. He recorded me on camera. My takeaway was much to long...as long as a normal pitch...(for a short chip of 10m)my hands were correct in front of the ball.
He liked my one piece takeaway but again the video showed that I had too much angle in my knee. I should just relax in a normal athletic stance
Most of the lesson was on putting
We started by putting 10 balls to a pin 6m away. Henning noticed that 3 balls were fine the rest were short. the should be 18 inches behind the hole.
We putted along a board to get a feel for the stroke and this board helped us avoid any outside to inside movement.
We than moved to the two ball exercise. My inside ball was much longer than the outside ball...
We than spoke about posture and shoulders. The stroke should be a shoulder rock movement while my head should be down and thus a putter can rest on my head neck and back. If one is too upright your shoulders cannot rock freely.
The ball should be positioned to the front under the left  eye (drop a ball from there and it should hit the ball) and thus promote topspin and a better roll.
We than did two exercises... piling where ten balls have to be played in line of the first ball and the second exercise was stringing were the next put should be just a bit longer than the first.
Henning noticed that my takeaway was much to long. It should be a short takeaway and a long follow through depending on the distance. A long takeaway promotes room for error especially being hesitant on the downswing.
He said that I should grip lower and thus create a more rocking of the shoulder movement. Most tour pros have shorter putters nowadays
On the routine Henning said that after 12s the information process is lost. One should take a long look at the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment