Wednesday 28 March 2012

Punch shot and hands in front (foward press)

Tried a few punch shots and Henning asked me what I was doing to keep the ball low. I automatically was putting my hands in front.
Henning asked me to work on my swing while focusing on keeping my hands in front of the club face during impact phase of the swing.Usually people try to lift up the ball with the club. I was finally getting much more length and my divots were clearly noticeable.
Henning analyed a lady s swing. She had no hip turn to start the down swing. She seemed as if she was swinging from her address position.
Henning also analysed an Austrian couple. His follow through was fine with his left hand but his right side was too short and this had the effect that he pulled his left hand back and thus had bent arms in the follow through instead of extending them.
We also discussed if the teed up ball has more or less backspin. It does not because the ball travels up the club face more when it is on shortly mown grass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment