Thursday 27 October 2011

Lesson 3 Chipping, New Grip, Wrist cock

We worked on chipping first. I was thinning everything.
My takeaway was much too long for such a short chip. My angle of attack was much too shallow. Henning put a leaf in front of ball and asked me to play ball and then leaf in order to get steeper angle of attack. My hands should be in front of ball. I was trying to lift ball with both hands and body (combination of two)
Points to work on in chipping:
1. shorter back swing
2. steeper angle (leaf)

Video tiger chipping

We worked on my driving. I pull hooked everything at the week end. Henning asked me my shape of my drives. Usually pretty straight with a slice toward the end. The reason was my wrist cock. It should be straight   and not at an angle. An outward angle causes a slice and an inward angle causes a hook.

Picture of wrist cock angle


Finally we worked on my grip. It was the toughest change so far.
My left hand should be much weaker. My thumb should be pressed more up. My right hand should be more closed with my thumb tuck into my right palm. Henning asked me to pull hook with this grip. It was impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment